Rss Feed

FOR FULL READING EXPERIENCE, PLEASE PLAY THE AUDIO WHILE READING.IF YOU HAVE A SLOW INTERNET CONNECTION,IT MAY HELP TO WAIT FOR A WHILE FOR THE AUDIO TO STREAM FIRST.



I am not a big fan of Apple , nor do I own some i-Thingies but the death of Steve Jobs kinda open my eyes. His words and speeches was less known until he is dead. And you know what? They are priceless.

It just show how much what Syeikh Muhammad Abduh (a prominent Islamic scholar and founder of Pan-Islamism or Gerakan Islah) once said is true :


"I went to the West and saw Islam, but no Muslims; I got back to the East and saw Muslims, but not Islam"

 I'm not saying that Steve Jobs is THE model that we should look upon too, nor did I say that he's better than other our OWN scholars and prominent figures, but all I'm asking that we contemplate his famous quotes and thoughts and take lesson from it.








"We don’t get a chance to do that many things, and every one should be really excellent. Because this is our life. Life is brief, and then you die, you know? And we’ve all chosen to do this with our lives. So it better be damn good. It better be worth it"


"Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn't matter to me… Going to bed at night saying we've done something wonderful… that's what matters to me."


"Remembering that I'll be dead soon is the most important tool I've ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything - all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure - these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important"



"Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart."

"No one wants to die. Even people who want to go to heaven don't want to die to get there. And yet death is the destination we all share. No one has ever escaped it. And that is as it should be, because death is very likely the single best invention of life"




"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary"




"I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself: "If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?" And whenever the answer has been "No" for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something"
 Steve Jobs



See how much Steve remembers death. And the word "remember" itself is constantly being repeated.Coz the one who constantly thinks about his death and all his actions are based on this principle that he will gonna die one day will actually taste the real serendipity and peace of heart.

The one who keeps in mind that death is certain, will optimize every single energy left to benefit others


The one who believe that he will die any seconds from now, will have no pride, no fear , and no sadness in achieving his goals and dreams.

The one who remember that he will soon die, will use every single seconds in his life to prepare for the Hereafter because he believe that everything around him now are temporary and superficial.

The one who remembers death will think "Life is only once, so why not utilize it to the fullest? "





"The wisest person among you is the one
who remembers death the most"

(Al-Hadith)


No comments:

Post a Comment

ARTICLE SHARING AND REPOST
To repost articles, please link back to tajdidweneed.com. If articles are to be edited for publishing, please contact us.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...